It has been such a great week over here in the Felderhoff household! With the recent cold weather, I have turned into a very creative/desperate inside mom! We have been playing a lot of “Easter Bunny” in our house. Wait, you don’t play this game over and over like we do? Well…let me enlighten you then:)
- Get out your Easter eggs and baskets. If they aren’t within reach, a grocery sack and toys will do.
- Let one person play the bunny and have them hide the eggs.
- When the bunny says, “go” the hunters run around collecting the eggs. The bunny is allowed to give clues if needed.
- Switch bunnies! Ta Da!!
Hopefully this provides endless entertainment at your house like it has at ours.
Moving on now, this is a question I have gotten over and over again, so I feel it needs some attention! How do you eat paleo, if your family doesn’t? It can feel so overwhelming to completely change your diet, let alone try to provide a totally different meal for your family! Am I right?! How can we do this, without losing our minds?!
Ok here it is….don’t! You don’t have to make multiple meals, and honestly if you are a busy mom or dad, you can’t cater to everyone. Save yourself precious time by making basic meals that are easy to personalize. Eating paleo is not only about eating healthier, it’s also about SIMPLIFYING your life to reduce your stress!! Here are 5 EASY FAMILY FRIENDLY PALEO MEALS that you can make this week, so that your family can enjoy dinner together again!
- Taco Tuesdays….your family can dress their tacos up as they wish, and you can make a taco bowl or salad. You each get the same meat and base, just different toppings.
- Spaghetti Sundays…enjoy the same meatballs and spaghetti sauce (as long as you check ingredients first to ensure its grain/sugar/soy free). Your family can top regular spaghetti, while you top spaghetti squash, zoodles, sweet potato noodles, or even store bought grain free pasta! Finish it off with a fresh salad!
- Burgers are always a winner in our house! Eat yours on a lettuce wrap, cut it up and mix with all the toppings onto a salad (my personal favorite), or you can make grain free buns!
- Soup and stew-There are thousands of soups and stews such as Slow Cooker Paleo Pot Roast Stew that are paleo and loved by the family as is. You can always add a slice of cornbread for your family if they would like!
- Breakfast for dinner…so easy guys! Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and egg hashes are all family friendly and easy to make paleo. If you are missing your pancakes and waffles, try out Birch Benders Pancake Mix.
See how easy it can be?! When I first transitioned to the paleo lifestyle, I really struggled with how to feed my family and myself. It felt like I was literally living in the kitchen, and it was not enjoyable! I knew that this lifestyle change was not going to click if I couldn’t make it fit into my busy schedule. Finding easy paleo meals that worked for everybody was a LIFE SAVER!! I hope this makes your life a little simpler!